The Salt Bath Nitride process is a Thermo Chemical treatment that improves wear resistance and corrosion resistance of ferrous metals with little or no dimensional change.
Nu-Tride® Salt Bath Nitriding Q.P.Q.™
- Hardness 52-58 HRc
- Meets AMS 2753 Specifications
- Improves fatigue strength
- Exceptional Lubricity
- Low coefficient of friction
- Improved Wear Resistance
- Improved Corrosion Resistance
- Resistance to weld spatter
- Holds dimensional requirements with little or no distortion
- Nice matte black color
- Metal treatment (not a coating)
Looks like it came from the Glock Factory
Posted by DLEARY13115@aol.com on Jul 12th 2017
No additional wait time for the nitride and it came out like a Glock factory finish. Well done, would select again.
Great Price for Quality
Posted by Andrew on Jul 10th 2017
Darker than gen4 factory coating. I have seen no slide wear in a week of use in my kydex holster. The finish looks top quality.